Bengaluru, July 12, 2023: With a rich racing pedigree spanning over four decades, TVS Racing, the flagbearer of the One Make Championship in India has been nurturing talent and providing platforms across the country for enthusiasts to experience racing in a safe and controlled circuits. In line with this, TVS Racing announces its first ever TVS Apache Racing Experience (ARE) GP Championship for the TVS Apache owners to make racing accessible, and further help showcase the racing capabilities of their machines, in a thrilling yet safe environment.
This championship is an extension of the TVS Apache Racing Experience (ARE) started in 2007, which is a platform for TVS Apache riders to gain exclusive experiences and opportunities to leverage the racing DNA in their motorcycles, under the guidance of TVS Racing champion riders and instructors. The first season of the ARE GP Championship will engage over 1,000 customers across 20 cities, who will get an opportunity to participate and learn the nuances of track racing across 3 categories.
TVS Racing has been instrumental in flourishing motorsports in India & abroad and the company’s “Track to Road” philosophy has been predominantly responsible in engineering the TVS Apache series that recently crossed its 5 million global sales milestone, becoming the fastest growing premium motorcycle brand in the segment. Backed by over 40 years of racing heritage and pedigree, TVS Racing since 1994 have trained and given the opportunity to over 3,000 budding racers to sharpen and showcase their skills under TVS OMC. Today, the program consists of four categories in India – Rookie, Women’s, Media, and Expert, and in 2022 expanded internationally with the first ever TVS Asia One Make Championship.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Vimal Sumbly, Head Business – Premium, TVS Motor Company said “TVS Racing has been instrumental in making motor racing aspirational yet accessible for enthusiasts across the country. We take great pride in being the propagators of offering a platform for racers to hone and showcase their skills and take their first step towards following their passion for racing. In line with this vision and fuelled by our commitment to promote safe yet thrilling racing culture, we are excited about bringing the first edition of the ARE – GP Championship in India for our strong community of TVS Apache customer. TVS Apache series have played a pivotal role in flourishing premium motorcycling culture and is a popular brand among motorcycle enthusiasts and the Gen-Z. With this championship, we are confident of setting new benchmarks by offering unique opportunities to our customers for an augmented experience when they associate with the brand.”
Key highlights of the championship –
· TVS Apache Racing Experience – GP Cup is a curated championship program exclusive for all TVS Apache owners
· Spanning across 20 cities, the championship has been divided into three categories :
o Category 1 – Owners of TVS Apache RTR 160 & TVS Apache RTR 180
o Category 2 – Owners of TVS Apache RTR 200 4V
o Category 3 – owners of TVS Apache RR 310
· The first set of experiences are slated to take place in Vadodara (July 15, 2023), Surat (July 16, 2023) and Hyderabad (July 16, 2023)
· Part of the experience will include full day training, theory & practical track sessions by experts from the house of TVS Racing including the FIM Baja Rally world cup winner – Aishwarya Pissay, winner of 10 national championships in India – Jagan Kumar, winner of the 2022 TVS Asian One Make Championship – Vorapong Malahuan and KY Ahamed to impart knowledge on tips & techniques of track racing
· One winner from each city per category will be shortlisted for the final round to be held in January 2024
· The shortlisted participants for the final round in MIC will get an opportunity to race on the TVS One Make Championship Race Spec motorcycles (TVS Apache RTR 200 & RR310 race spec machines)
· The winner of the championship will get an all-expense paid trip to watch MotoGP in Malaysia, a wild card entry to 2 rounds of the TVS OMC RR310, exclusive PETRONAS TVS Racing Merchandise
To participate in the championship, TVS Apache owners can register on https://tvsmotor.com/tvsracing and get more information on when the championship is coming to their city or a track near them. Participation into the championship will take place on the customer’s own motorcycle for a holistic experience.